Lund's Gulch Watershed Basin
Open Space - 77 Acres
Lund’s Gulch, located north of Lynnwood on the northern end of Browns Bay in Puget Sound, is a local watershed basin with mature second growth forest, steep slopes and wetlands. A salmonid stream, Lund’s Gulch Creek, flows through the basin and discharges into Puget Sound.
Snohomish County’s regional Meadowdale Beach Park is located in Lund’s Gulch, and provides a trail system with direct access to Puget Sound. Currently the county’s trail provides the only pedestrian access into Lund’s Gulch. Access to the trail is from the park’s main entrance at 6026 156th St SW.
- Second Growth Forest and Wildlife Habitat
- Lund's Gulch Creek - Freshwater Fish and Migrating Salmon
- 1-1/4 Mile Trail in Meadowdale Beach Park
- Bird Watching
- Views of the Olympic Mountains
In 1878, early pioneer John Lund homesteaded Lund’s Gulch. The land near the water was eventually acquired for the Meadowdale Country Club which featured a clubhouse, an Olympic-size swimming pool, bath houses and a fish hatchery. The club closed in the late 1960’s. In 1968, Snohomish County acquired 114 acres in Lund’s Gulch and developed Meadowdale Beach Park.
Since 1996 the City of Lynnwood, in partnership with the Brackett's Landing Foundation and Snohomish County, has purchased over 77 acres in Lund’s Gulch with Snohomish County Conservation Futures Program funds to protect the sensitive areas and wildlife habitat from impacts of development, and to preserve this undisturbed natural area in public ownership. There are future plans to develop a public hiking trail into Lund's Gulch from north Lynnwood that would connect with the existing county trail in Meadowdale Beach Park.