The goal of the City Center Plan is to create a compact, intense and lively City Center that offers Lynnwood new opportunities for culture, commerce and habitation. City Center is designated to accommodate much of the City’s growth and protect existing residential areas.
City Center, located in PSRC's Regional Growth Center between Seattle's Northgate area and Everett, accommodates new population and employment growth, attractions including the Lynnwood Convention Center, and offers multi-modal transit opportunities including the Lynnwood Transit Center, future home of the Lynnwood Link Light Rail and future bus rapid transit on 196th Street SW. City Center will provide new pedestrian and bicycle connectivity, streets, parks and open spaces.
City Center is bounded approximately by 194th Street SW on the north, 33rd Avenue W on the east, Interstate 5 on the south and 48th Avenue W on the west.
- Sub-Area Plan
- - Create a central focus of the community.
- - Restructure the City Center's growth toward a more concentrated, mixed-use, pedestrian-friendly and transit-supportive center.
- - Advance the long term vision of the City Center Task Force.
- - Develop a distinct, strong identity for the Lynnwood City Center.
- - Attract new interest, investors and customers to the City Center.
- - Create an attractive, functional and comfortable place for customers to the City Center.
- Establish a set of strategies to guide this transformation into Lynnwood's future.
The Sub-Area Plan builds on the vision and establishes more specific components of the City Center, illustrating the location, intensity, type and character of the community's core. The Plan provides the legal and policy underpinning for revisions to the City's codes, its CFP, its administrative structure, and any related marketing efforts. It also provides a clear message to the development community that the City welcomes new commercial and residential development within its City Center.
City Center Sub-Area Plan (September 2007, .pdf)
- Zoning Regulations and Design Guidelines
- What's Happening
- Plans & Projects
- Development Assistance
- Maps, Ordinances & Resolutions
- Comments & Questions